I will just say it like it is...
I absolutely HATE writing essays; what I want to say never accurately is portrayed through papers. Even after finally mustering up the strength to get through an entire essay, I feel as though the grader never fully comprehends what you are trying to say anyways.
Power points are much more cut and dry. I can highlight key idea and then speak my mind whenever I feel the need. It's kind of like stories. When you were little, would you have rather your parent read a story word for word to you or fabricate some type of story with personality and information, often times only prompted by the reaction you gave to them? I, personally, always enjoyed the second option over the first.
In my opinion, papers do not truly allow you to express yourself. Okay... maybe if you're one of those people who has always been exceptionally good at paper writing you may be able to, but for the average student in this class, papers do not really work. Power points provide the information that needs to be given while allowing for a visual stimuli that actually keeps the audience's focus.
No comments:
Post a Comment